You may already have been using a pair of nice headphones and a webcam with a microphone which are working pretty well. But what if I tell you that you could get all these in a single device? Gaming headsets provide an easy and trouble-free solution to the problems you might have to face otherwise. But there are a lot of gaming headsets in the market. Each one of them is not incredibly good. That is what I am going to make you aware of today and make some suggestions on which headset you can buy for the best gaming experience.
What Gaming Headset should I Buy?
Let me mention which features you should check before buying an efficient gaming headphone.
● Comfort comes first. You should check if it is comfortable when you are wearing it. When it comes to gaming headsets, you normally use them for hours in a row. If it is a bad fit for your head or your ears, it would not only cause you inconvenience but can cause pain to your ears. Then you can not focus on your game if you have to constantly focus on the pain you are suffering. It might seem fine at first but friction and sweat will cause irritation over time.
● You should check the build quality of the thing you are buying, be it a headset or anything else. Most headsets are made of plastic. If you can get something with a metal or wire frame that is perfect.
● Another important thing to check in a gaming headphone is the microphone. Most gaming headset mics can not give the right bass range of the frequency spectrum. If you have a deep voice it may sound like your voice is coming out of a barrel.
● The quality of the headphone’s seal really matters. Poor isolation can change the sound of the game. The material of the headphone pad can have a lot to do with the quality of the seal. Today I am going to mention the 10 best headsets under $200 you can try using in 2023.
1. Razer Kraken V3 Pro HyperSense Wireless Gaming Headset :
This gaming headphone by Razor is really an amazing one. It is a very different and unique one in the Kraken series. It is not as bulky and big as the other ones. It looks more modern. The material used here is plastic to keep the weight down as much as possible. But it has a steel-reinforced headband that provides extra rigidity. You can easily adjust the headband according to the size of your head. In the context of comfort, the Razer Kraken V3 Pro HyperSense Wireless Gaming Headset is one of the most comfortable headsets. The cushions used in it are a hybrid of leather and fabric. You would not feel anything even if you have to wear it for a long period of time. The price at which you will get this headset is $199 which is really worth it.
2. Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 :
Now I will talk about the Turtle Beach Stealth 700 Gen 2 headset which is the second best in my view. The metal band it has, is excellent. It is not only adjustable but it has these little clicks here. The headband is well-padded. The ear cups are removable and replaceable. The material is synthetic leather with a memory foam cushion. It has an aero-fit cooling technology for the comfort of your ears. Your ears stay cool when it is supposed to heat up for use for hours. The mic is multi-directional. You can enable a noise gate built into the headset itself. It has little ridges around the driver. It increases the stiffness of the driver which gives a better bass response. You can see two mdials on the side of the headset. The top one is locked to your game volume. You can change the second dial to whatever function you want to have from it. This is more adequate than just a gaming headset. It will cost you $199.
3. SteelSeries Arctics 9X Wireless Headset :
This Arctic 9X is a slick and beautiful headset that works absolutely well. it is built mainly for Xbox. The earcups are nice and soft. The surround of it is breathable and cozy. The adjusting system of the headset is a bit different from other headsets. You can stick one end of the band to the other end of it. The mic is very flexible. When you turn the mic on by pressing the button, the light goes off. It is a really good indicator of when the mic is on and when it is off. For this headset, you would have to pay the same, $199.
4. Corsair Virtuoso RGB Wireless Gaming Headset :
This one is a very well-built headset. Very flexible and soft it feels. The earphones have a kind of low-profile rotation to rest on your neck. The material is foam-like. On the side, there is a USB type C port that is used for charging or using the headset in wired mode. There is the other USB port for the omnidirectional mic. Here is a battery status in the settings where you will get to know how much it is charged up.
5. Logitech G Pro X Wireless Lightspeed Gaming Headset
Design-wise, nothing has really changed from its previous version. It has got a little heavier, that is it. The thickness of the earcups has also increased. comfort wise, it is fantastic. The clamping force is not much which is good. Not much pressure you shall feel even after wearing it for hours. All the control buttons are on the left side of the headset. All the Logitech headsets have always given very good service and sound quality. And this one is no exception.
6. ASUS ROG Delta S Wireless Gaming Headset :
this one has a very nice advantage in that you can use it with a variety of devices. It weighs only 318 grams. It means it is really lightweight and comfortable to wear. The headset is quite flexible. It has 25 hours of battery life. Plugging it in for 15 minutes will get you three hours of extra battery life.
7. HyperX Cloud Alpha Headset :
It has a massive battery life of 300 hours. Its design is a bit outdated but that does not matter. As I said earlier too, comfort comes first which this headset seems to provide abundantly. It gives 15 to 21000 Hertz frequency responses.
8. Audio Technica ATH-AG1X Closed Back High-Fidelity Gaming Headset :
this headset looks really cool and nice and very different outlook it has. You can have this gooseneck mic which is very flexible. Along with it comes a 3 feet long rubber cable that has inline controls. With the use of this, you can mute this whenever you want and use the volume wheel to adjust the volume of your headset.
9. Sony Playstation Platinum Wireless Headset :
The platinum edition of Sony is very nice and impressive. It has a metallic finish in its color which looks really cool. The headband is made of two parts. First off, you gave this little piece of rubber that sits on your head. Over the rubber band, it has a little strip of aluminum towards the bottom of the headband. The folding feature is nice. You can fold the band which makes it more portable. They have a dongle you can put into any USB slot on your PS4.
10. EPOS I Sennheiser GSP 670 Wireless Headset :
It has a gamer vibe about it to start with. The two plates on the side are removable. It has a matt finish look. The thick plastic with the metal connector gives you a sense of security because it has less chance of breaking. It is totally wireless. The audio quality is perfect.
All the gaming headsets mentioned above, them is very good quality-wise and sound-wise. It is hard to decide which one is better than the other one. You can try using any of these for a wonderful gaming experience. And if you use any of these, let us know about your experience and share your opinions. We are all ears to hear your doubts and suggestions.